Skins and Player Versions
The following summarizes the situation in regard to Brightcove Player skins:
- Players created through Video Cloud Studio and edited in the Styling section, use the new skin, named sapphire.
- Brightcove Player 5+ instances will, of course, use the skin, named luna.
- Players that existed before the global update to version 5.x were left on the 1.x skin, named graphite.
Determine current skin
An easy way to determine if your player has the (graphite), (luna), or (sapphire) skin is to check the initial play button, often referred to by its CSS name,
- The first screenshot below shows the 1.x skin with a rectangular big play button located near the top left of the player.
- The second screenshot shows the 5+ skin with a circular big play button centered in the player. Also note that the title of the video is automatically displayed in the 5+ skin.
- The third screenshot also shows the 5+ skin with a circular big play button centered in the player. Please note that the only difference between the Luna and the Sapphire skin is the play button color.
A centered, circular button is not a guarantee of the 5+ skin as it is possible to use CSS to customize the 1.x button, but it is a likely indicator.
Documents exist for changing the appearance and styling of both the 1.x and 5+ skins. This table summarizes available documents.
|5+ Skin Documentation||1.x Skin Documentation|
|Customize Player Appearance||Horizontal Volume Control|
|Step-by-Step: Player Customization|
Other documents on appearance and styling are not skin specific.