Reporting on Brightcove Player Configurations
To use this configuration reporting app you will need proper credentials.
The easiest way to get credentials in most cases is through the Studio Admin API Authentication section (requires admin permissions on your account). See Managing API Authentication Credentials for details. You will the following, single permission:
If the permissions you need are not available in Studio, or if you prefer to get them directly from the OAuth API, use your choice of the Get Client Credentials documents listed below. Whichever option you choose, you will need to ask for the correct operation permissions. The following can be used with cURL or Postman to get all permissions for the Player Management API:
"operations": [ "video-cloud/players/read" ]
CodePenFind all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
Note the following:
- The report that displays all plugins loaded into the players in an account does not work with version 5 and older players.
- Also in the plugins report, plugins that start with @brightcove/ are Brightcove supplied plugins. The others are either custom plugins, or Brightcove supplied plugins manually loaded via Studio or curl.
Using the CodePen
Here are some tips to effectively use the above CodePen:
- Toggle the actual display of the app by clicking the Result button.
- Click the HTML/CSS/JS buttons to display ONE of the code types.
- Click Edit on CodePen in the upper right corner to fork this CodePen into your own account.
- Find all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
In order to build your own version the sample app on this page, you must create and host your own proxy. (The proxies used by Brightcove Learning Services only accept requests from Brightcove domains.) A sample proxy, very similar to the one we use, but without the checks that block requests from non-Brightcove domains, can be found in this GitHub repository. You will also find basic instructions for using it there, and a more elaborate guide to building apps around the proxy in Using the REST APIs.